Tuesday 23 October 2012

Maybe I'm just high-maintenance


(Correct me if I’m wrong but…)

Is it ever actually okay to type noisily in the library? I just think that people need to reassess things (such as life) when they are so angry that they start attacking their keyboard in the silent study section of the frickin’ library.

When you submit an ‘absence notification form’ on the university portal, do they really expect you to know already when your illness will end? I vote we introduce an ‘indefinitely’ button.

Does it really need to rain all the time?

Am I the only person who understands the concept of a silent study area in a library, where you have to be silent and not talk and not eat doritos and not use your phone and not listen to music so loudly that we can all hear Rihanna screaming “giddy up, giddy up, giddy up babe”? Not today thank you, and certainly not here in the silent study section of the library ever.

Will I ever know how much rice is the right amount for one person?

Why is a 30mph speed limit never adhered to? #hydepark #chilloutwithyourshittycarsandblaringmusicandstoprunningchildrenover

And also, why do cyclists think it’s okay to terrorize both the roads AND the pavements? If you’re so keen to be eco-friendly, can you at least do it slowly and safely, and respect those of us who wish to walk?

Whilst we’re on the subject of trafficking problems, I do believe it might become necessary to introduce a “pavement etiquette” class at school, owing the ridiculous inabilities of so many of the British public to be polite on the streets. Rules ought to include:
moving out of the way for mums+children+shopping+pushchairs
no spitting (this seems to be a northern thing – sorry but it’s true)
no dominating (don’t walk four in a row holding hands, it’s just not fair)
if it’s raining, you should let people into shops first, not make them wait outside whilst you assemble your hood/umbrella/life in the doorway

Should library fines really exist? (I actually vote yes for this, but it’s still rather annoying when you have to pay them off)

Why are the chocolate brownies in the Parkinson café so absolutely mind-blowingly delicious?

Why do pigeons actually exist?

Will I ever learn that leaving my essays until the last minute and then blogging to further my procrastination is not a good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment