Sunday 25 March 2012

A Refreshing Change


After a few negative blog posts (if I’m being honest, I think they are all pretty negative) I have decided to compile a list of things that I like/that make me happy/that I appreciate. I hope I can sustain the list for an adequate amount of time as I am aware of how easy I found it to compose a list of things I do not like…

  • Inevitably, it must begin with the cold side of the pillow
  • When my fridge at uni has food in it (which is rare)
  • When there is money in my bank account (also rare)
  • When it’s my birthday and I get presents
  • Home and away (and sometimes Neighbours)
  • James the giant panda
  • 99 ice creams (before they started to cost more than 99p)
  • Submitting essays (getting them back should be added to my negative list)
  • Falling on the sofa just after the cushions have been plumped up
  • The smell of chlorine
  • A full tank of petrol (if I haven’t had to pay for it)
  • The Wit & Wisdom column in The Week (and obviously all the educational bits too)
  • Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you still have loads of sleeping time before morning
  • My youngest sister, Gemma (added on request)
  • When my bread isn’t moldy
  • When my hair smells nice
  • Bananas
  • My other sister, Belinda (for good measure)
  • Drinking my tea when it’s the perfect temperature
  • Looking at everyone else’s faces in the cinema
  • Funny youtube videos
  • Getting complimented for cooking/just generally getting complimented
  • When I understand something in my Latin grammar class (rare)
  • Completing a crossword
  • Coca cola when I’m hung-over
  • Every day that I am not hung-over
  • Getting texts
  • My potato masher (a JosephJoseph potato smasher – can do no wrong)
  • Finishing a book
  • Gold fish
  • (And talking about myself, evidently)

No comments:

Post a Comment